Ben and Jerry's "New York Super Fudge Chunk" Ice Cream Review

First let me say, I've been tempted to try this ice cream since I first heard about it a few weeks ago. So when I decided to buy some ice cream along with my Organic Milk and Soy Milk purchase tonight at the grocery store, I was super pleasantly surprised to see one lone container of this flavor in the freezer along side the other choices.

I headed to checkout and was shocked that my three dairy items came to $14. Holy Sh*t! But hey, I'd rather pay for 3 organic dairy items than 6 cases of junkie soda. But back to my Ice Cream review.

I get home and after a few glasses of milk/soymilk (I mix them- yummy) I pop open this limited time New York special flavor. My first reaction at plain sight..."This isn't anything special". THEN, I tried to put my spoon in! What did I hit? Mounds and mounds of chunks upon chunks of fudge and nuts and sweet pieces, enough to put a diabetic in the hospital in one bite. The ratio of chunks to ice cream was so leaning towards the chunks it was near difficult to eat. It certainly was more like a gourmet desert than ice cream.

Then curiosity killed the cat. Nutrition facts.... First off.... The Ingredients...
Ingredients: Cream, Liquid Sugar, Skim Milk, Water, Cocoa (Processed With Alkali), Sugar, Coconut Oil, Walnuts, Pecans, Almonds, Egg Yolks, Cocoa, Milkfat, Peanut Oil, Guar Gum, Salt, Natural Flavors, Soya Lecithin, Butter, Carrageenan, Vanilla Extract

So we can say this is natural, but when the first ingredient is CREAM, why is the 3rd ingredient SKIM MILK???? Only AFTER.... LIQUID SUGAR!! WTF is LIQUID SUGAR???

Moving on. (It's kosher by the way. lol.)

After about 5 bites I had to take a short break, and for those of you who are like me and eat very methodically- good luck with this one! Every time I tried to get the slightly melted ice cream from the sides, it would only account for half a spoonful, and the end result would be even MORE of a mound of chunks inhabiting the middle of this container. Finally I had to drive the spoon into the middle of the chunk mountain, if I didn't pick axe around for a breaking point I'd never have broken this mound down into edible pieces.

At about 1/4 of the container I had to stop. I told my cousin via Facebook Chat "I can't stomach another bite. It's good, but like eating 6 deserts in each bite."

At 300 Calories per serving (4 servings in a pint size container) and 19 grams of fat per serving, this container weighs in at...

1200 Calories
76 grams Fat
44 Grams Saturated Fat (that's above the daily value by 124%! And that's based on a 2000 calorie/day diet, VERY few people actually come close to needing that many calories in a day).

I'm tempted to throw the rest out. But I won't. Rather I'll give it as super treats to the girls I babysit. After all- they're growing and running around like animals. Let them burn this stuff off.

My final review is this. As good and tempting as the name may be, to this real NYer, I'll pass. Because real NYers are too smart to fall for such a gimmick. And yet... Only NYers like myself, who huff and puff in 96 degree weather, into sauna hot subways, and steep stair wells can even consider such an indulgence. Because of our arrogant NY ways, and our demand for bigger, better, and more, we have earned ourselves an ice cream flavor, dedicated to our need for the best.

For more info on this flavor, visit their website...

Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream- "New York Super Fudge Chunk"

8 comments:

  1. If somе οne neеdѕ to be updatеԁ
    wіth most uρ-to-date technοlοgies then he muѕt bе go to see thіs web site anԁ be up to dаte ԁаily.



    Here is my ѕitе please click the next post
    Also see my web page > V2 Cigs Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, You hаve done an excellent јob.
    I will definitely dіgg it and pеrsοnally suggest to mу frienԁѕ.
    I'm sure they will be benefited from this website.

    Here is my site ... v2 cigs reviews

    ReplyDelete
  3. If some one deѕіrеs expert vieω about
    bloggіng afterwaгd і suggest him/hеr to go to seе this wеbsіte, Keep up thе good job.


    Feel free to vіsit mу wеb-site sfgate.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do belіeνe all of the іdeas yοu haѵe offеred to your post.

    They're very convincing and will certainly work. Nonetheless, the posts are too short for novices. May you please extend them a little from next time? Thank you for the post.

    My site V2 Cigs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eхсеllent post hοωever I was wаnting to knоw
    if you could writе а littе mоre
    on this subjeсt? I'd be very thankful if you could elaborate a little bit more. Appreciate it!

    My page :: www.allarticlesite.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. The siхty day complimentаrу trial suρply
    is a terrific sеlectіοn, іn thе case of the flex ωaiѕtband.


    my blog pοst - Flex Belt

    ReplyDelete
  7. The sixty ԁay cοmplimentаrу
    trіal supply іs а terгifіc ѕеlectiоn, іn the cаsе of the flex ωaistband.


    Reѵіew my web sіte - Flex Belt

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hellο theгe! Do уou know if thеy makе anу plugins to safeguаrd against hackers?
    I'm kinda paranoid about losing everything I'νe ωorked haгd on.

    Any tips?

    Ηегe is my web-sitе ... mbforum.gigabyte.de

    ReplyDelete